April 5, 2020
Posted by: cbtkeadmin
Easy Daily Mental Health Routines you can try – CBT Kenya
When it comes to taking care of ourselves, we often focus more on our physical body. However, maintaining your mind is just as important as physical fitness. Just like our body needs to get into a routine, so does our brain, and taking the steps to ensure our optimal mental health is necessary. Focusing on your mental health can improve your immune system, increase productivity and even help you live longer.
Multiple studies show that having strong social ties with people can decrease your risk for depression, improve your physical health, and even lengthen your lifespan. We satisfy our social urges by getting on Facebook and seeing what people are up to, but it doesn’t nourish us the same way genuine connection does. Pick up the phone and call a friend or family member. Go for a walk with a confidant. Have people over for dinner.
Here as some routines you can follow
If we don’t pay attention to our daily habits and we will get stuck in our emotions. This leads to negative effects on our health (physical, emotional, and mental) and ultimately on our life.
- Learn something new. People who spend their time learning new things past childhood show greater overall well being and better abilities coping with stress. Keep your mind fresh but picking up a new hobby or reading about a topic you don’t know about. “As we age, we narrow down our learning based on career choices, but it is essential to expand our knowledge.
- Have something to look forward to. Every day everyone needs something to look forward to. It can be social, physical, or whatever one likes to do and takes comfort in.
- Have a good laugh. We all love to laugh and it makes us feel good. The mental health benefits go beyond us just having a good time. Laughter increases your ability to learn, improves your short-term memory, and reduces your stress levels.
- Committing kind acts can not only benefit someone else, but it can make you feel better as well. People who regularly do nice little things for people such as holding the door experience reduced anxiety, an increase in mood, and a decrease in social avoidance.
- Many studies have shown that mindfulness meditation can ease anxiety and regulate stress. For others, it is the stillness that comes through prayer. Whatever your practice, find what works for you to get still, and begin raising the volume of your own inner voice.
- Consider keeping a journal where you write down what you are grateful for daily or even weekly. It can be easy to focus on negatives when things aren’t going well, but incorporating even a 5-minute gratitude practice into your day can completely alter your mindset. The more we focus on what is good about our lives, the more goodness shows up.
- Studies have consistently shown us that exercise has positive effects on brain function, anxiety, self-image, and recovery from addiction. It doesn’t have to be an intense workout, but getting your heart rate up and moving your body for at least 20 minutes a day makes a world of difference for your mental health.
Are you having trouble starting or continuing with your daily routine? At CBT Kenya we have some of the best psychologists who are ready to work with you. In order to continue serving you; we have launched E-Therapy services. Get in touch with our psychologists on +254 739 935 333/+254 756 454 585 or email us on email@example.com or visit our website for more details.